Get all the forms, information, tools, tips and research you need to run, promote and grow one or more Healthy Athletes disciplines and Healthy Communities.
Healthy Communities makes healthcare an ongoing, community-based and year round focus for our athletes.
- Local Partnerships for Wellness Toolkit: Toolkit designed to outline ways your Program can collaborate with local organizations and businesses to provide year-round opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities.
- Health Heroes: Presentation shared by South Africa focused on athlete leaders interested in serving as health heroes.
- Health Heroes Athlete Leadership Course: This 6-slide PowerPoint is aimed at Programs teaching athlete leaders about health and has been used by such Programs as Special Olympics South Africa.
- Athletes as Health Coaches Toolkit: Toolkit designed to outline ways athletes in Special Olympics Programs champion health within their communities.
- Family Health Forum Toolkit: Information for Programs interested in hosting a Family Health Forum, an event designed around locally-relevant health topics that engage families of those with intellectual disabilities, sponsored by Lions Clubs International. Revised in 2015.
- Family Health Forum Grant Application: Application for Programs interested in applying for Family Health Forum funding for events in 2016. Application deadline is 31 December 2015. Events sponsored by Lions Clubs International
- Family Health Forum Grant Application (Word Version): Application for Programs interested in applying for Family Health Forum funding for events in 2017. Deadline is 14 October, 2016. Events sponsored by Lions Clubs International
- Healthy Habits Station: Information shared by Special Olympics Wisconsin on teaching preventative care practices and providing educational resources.
- SO Florida Coaches Nutrition Guide: A coaching re-certification tool Special Olympics Florida has developed.
- SO Florida Coaches Nutrition Toolkit: Toolkit developed for coaches.
- Intro to SO Florida Nutrition: Learn about the coach recertification that SO Florida developed on sports nutrition.
- Wellness Wednesdays: Content you can use on social media for #WellnessWednesdays.
- Fitness Tracking Tool: A resource for tracking the impact of your Fitness Program.
- Athlete Lifestyle Survey: For use in your Fitness Program as a pre/post test for athletes.
- Athlete Tracking sheet for Fitness: An at-home tool for athletes to track their progress meeting their fitness goals.
- Gaining Access to New Fitness Resources: Learn about SOI's new fitness resources and have fun learning, moving, experiencing, and tracking your movement.
- Fitness Partnerships: Learn about new partnerships formed with SOI to support Program fitness. Hear from fellow Programs sharing their success in developing and nurturing fitness partnerships.
- Fitness Models and Best Practices: Learn about 3 SOI endorsed and supported fitness models, hear about other US Program's innovations in fitness, and create activation plans for your Program.
- Fitness in Special Olympics: Learn about SOI's fitness strategic plan, including the vision, goals, strategies and metrics. Program staff share best practices and demonstrations from Canada, British Columbia, and Ontario.
The Fit Feet discipline of the Special Olympics Healthy Athletes program provides examinations and follow-up recommendations about foot health for our athletes.
The FUNfitness discipline of Healthy Athletes provides free examinations to measure flexibility, strength, balance and aerobic fitness.
The Health Promotion discipline of Healthy Athletes educates athletes on healthy living, healthy lifestyle choices and locally relevant health issues.
The Healthy Hearing discipline of Healthy Athletes provides hearing examinations and follow-up recommendations.
The MedFest discipline of Healthy Athletes offers the physical exam that all athletes need prior to participating in Special Olympics sports programming.
The Opening Eyes discipline of Healthy Athletes provides vision examinations and follow-up recommendations for Special Olympics athletes in partnership with Lions Clubs International.
The Special Smiles discipline of Healthy Athletes helps athletes optimize their oral health.
This discipline focuses on the emotional wellness of our athletes.