The Special Smiles discipline of Healthy Athletes provides comprehensive oral health care information, including offering free dental screenings and instructions on correct brushing and flossing techniques to participating Special Olympics athletes. This resource page is equipped with manuals and forms, event resources and Special Smiles stories and additional information. Special Smiles has demonstrated remarkable success in creating awareness and improving access to dental care for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
Volunteer with Healthy Athletes
- How to Volunteer with Health Athletes (webpage)
- Connect with your local Special Olympics Program: Use our Special Olympics Regions page to find yours.
Learn more about working with Healthy Athletes
Learn With Your Athletes
- Brushing Guide (PDF)
- Learn the importance of Oral Hyugiene and how to maintain it, with Novie Craven, Justin Hunsinger, Dr. Miran and Dr. Isaac Navarro.
Prepare to Support Your Athlete
Learn Past the Clinical Chair
- Health Professional Training
- Practical Oral Care for People with Developmental Disabilities (PDF)
- Introduction to Patients with Special Healthcare Needs
SPECIAL SMILES CLINICAL DIRECTORS AND PROGRAM CORNER
- Clinical Director Role (webpage)
- Clinical Director Training Manual and Handbook (PDF)
- Virtual Presentation for Clinical Directors (pptx)
- Training Guide for Programs and Clinical Directors (PDF)
- Clinical Director Trainee Questions (DOCX)
- Athlete Report and Recommendation Card (PDF)
Branding and Marketing
Special Smiles Event Equipment and Supply List
- Special Smiles Equipment & Supplies List (PDF): A list of Supplies for Special Olympics and where you can request them
NOTE About Portal Orders and SOI Supplies Requests. Please notice there are separate list and portals for US versus International portal supplies. Supplies orders should be placed 90 days in advance of your planned event.
US Portal Supplies:
Outside of the US
Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) and Legal Forms
ADDITIONAL RELATED RESOURCES
See all stories related to this discipline.