Special Olympics Fit Feet offers screenings to evaluate ankles, feet, lower extremity biomechanics, and proper shoe and sock gear to participating athletes. Fit Feet helps Special Olympics athletes step lively on the playing field, and in everyday life. Many athletes suffer from foot and ankle pain, or deformities that impair their performance.
In fact, up to 50 percent of Special Olympics athletes experience one or more preventable or treatable foot conditions that can affect their sports participation. Often, these individuals are not fitted with the best shoes and socks for their particular sport. During Fit Feet events, volunteer foot healthcare specialists work with athletes to evaluate problems of the feet, ankles and lower extremity biomechanics.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fact Sheets (PDF): Global • United States
- How to Volunteer with Healthy Athletes (webpage)
- Clinical Director Role (webpage)
- Volunteer Recruitment Templates (DOCX)
- Health Professional Training: Special Olympics has developed training for healthcare providers on working with people with intellectual disabilities. These free e-learning courses are available online. This interactive learning experience arms healthcare providers with the knowledge and understanding of how to be more inclusive as it relates to health programming and services.
- Clinical Director Application Questionnaire (DOCX)
MANUALS AND GUIDES
- Clinical Director Manual (PDF)
- Athlete Report Card (PDF): English • Spanish
- Healthy Athlete System Form Flipbook (PDF)
Virtual Fit Feet
- Virtual HAS Form (PDF)
- Virtual Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Virtual Report Card (DOCX)
- Virtual Orientation for Clinical Directors (video)
- Virtual Presentation for Clinical Directors (PPTX)
- Virtual Presentation for Athletes (PPTX)
EVENT RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENT
Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) and Legal Forms
Equipment and Supply List
- General Foot Care (PDF)
- Nail Care (PDF)
- Skin Care (PDF)
- A step by step guide to athlete foot care (video)
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
ADDITIONAL RELATED RESOURCES
See all stories related to this discipline.