FUNfitness is a physical therapy event that addresses the ongoing health needs of Special Olympics athletes. FUNfitness provides athletes the opportunity to be examined for flexibility, functional strength, balance, and aerobic fitness. During these screenings, physical therapists, related health professionals, and students offer athletes expert guidance and exercise recommendations to prevent and reduce the risk of injury while working to improve the athletes’ optimal function not only in sports training and competition but in everyday life.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fact Sheets (PDF): Global • United States
- Clinical Director Role (webpage)
- Health Professional Training: Special Olympics has developed training for healthcare providers on working with people with intellectual disabilities. These free e-learning courses are available online. This interactive learning experience arms healthcare providers with the knowledge and understanding of how to be more inclusive as it relates to health programming and services.
- How to Volunteer with Healthy Athletes (webpage)
- Recruitment Templates (DOCX)
- Clinical Director Application Questionnaire (DOCX)
MANUALS AND GUIDES
- Training and Sample Screening (video)
- Athlete and Caregiver Manual (PDF)
- Program and Clinical Director Manual (PDF)
- Screening Schedule and Data Collection Tool (XLSX)
- Virtual Fitness Education (PPTX)
- Fitness Education Handout (PDF)
EVENT RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENT
Healthy Athletes Software and Legal Forms
- HAS (webpage)
- Insurance and Hold Harmless Agreement (PDF)
- Event Summary Form (DOCX)
- Media Release Form (PDF)
Equipment and Supplies List
- Standard Event Equipment List (PDF)
- Sample Venue Layout (PDF)
- Henry Schein: Please feel free to use below links to order appropriate supplies/equipment not specific to discipline. Notice there are separate lists for the US or International requests. To guarantee timely delivery please make sure to submit requests 90 days prior to the event date.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
ADDITIONAL RELATED RESOURCES
- Decision Tree for Assessment of O2 Saturation (PDF)
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy Network Page (webpage)
- American Physical Therapy Association (website)
- Hand Grip Cutoff Scores Reference Sheet (PDF)
See all stories related to this discipline.