Strong Minds is an interactive learning activity focused on developing adaptive coping skills. Competition provides a natural opportunity to develop active strategies for maintaining emotional wellness under stress, such as: thinking positive thoughts, releasing stress and connecting with others.
For more information please contact Jamie Valis, Senior Manager of Strong Minds.
- Fact Sheets (PDF): Global | United States
- How to Volunteer with Health Athletes (webpage)
- Clinical Director Role (webpage)
MANUALS AND GUIDES
- Clinical Director Manual (PDF): A comprehensive guide for clinical directors hosting a Strong Minds event; covers the standardized screening guidelines, planning, and running an event.
- Exercise Handout (PDF): An exercise list for athletes to complete during Strong Stretching.
- Yoga Guide (PDF): A list of yoga poses for athletes to complete during the Strong Stretching station.
- Strategies for Stress (PDF): These strategies can help athletes improve their emotional wellness.
- Volunteer Training (PPTX): A resource for Clinical Directors to use when training volunteers.
- Coach’s Playbook (PDF): A resources for coaches to utilize the Strong Minds strategies during practice and games.
- Strong Minds Family Forum Mental Health and Wellbeing (PPTX): This resource is a sample PowerPoint for presenters to use during their session. It has all talking points included in the notes section, but is also designed to be customized, where needed, by local communities and presenters.
- Strong Minds Family Forum Mental Health and Wellbeing Facilitator’s Guide (DOCX): This resource is facilitator’s guide to help provide guidance on implementing a session on this topic.
EVENT RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENT
Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) and Legal Forms
- Insurance and Hold Harmless Agreement (PDF): This agreement is a risk management method that Special Olympics has put in place to prevent Special Olympics and its Healthy Athletes volunteers from suffering financial damage for an incident that they did not cause.
- Healthy Athlete Software (webpage): The Strong Minds Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) form used to collect and report data at a Strong Minds event.
Equipment and Supply List
- Supply List (PDF)
- Sample Venue Layouts (PDF)
- Ordering Strong Minds Supplies: A website that can be used to order supplies for Strong Minds supplies. Ordering from this website is not required.
- Picture Board (PDF): A visual representation of stress management techniques.
- Station Signs (PDF): Printable signs for each station of Strong Minds.
- Hasbro Pledge Cards (PDF): Printable cards for use at Station 5 of Strong Minds.
- Inclusion Revolution Pledge (webpage)
- Strong Minds Activity Guide (PDF)
- Tips for keeping a Strong Mind (JPG)
- Healthy Sleep Tips (JPG)
- Self-Care for Families (PDF)
Master Equipment List
- Healthy Athlete Master Equipment List (PDF): A list of supplies that can be requested from Special Olympics for your Healthy Athletes event.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
See all stories related to this discipline.