The Healthy Hearing discipline of Healthy Athletes provides comprehensive hearing screenings and follow-up recommendations. The main goals of this program are to inform athletes, parents, coaches or caregivers about the detection of possible ear and hearing problems, recommend follow-up as needed, and to promote the necessity of regular ear and hearing screenings.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fact Sheets (PDF): Global • United States
- How to Volunteer with Healthy Athletes (webpage)
- Clinical Director Role (webpage)
- Volunteer Recruitment Templates (DOCX)
- Health Professional Training: Special Olympics has developed training for healthcare providers on working with people with intellectual disabilities. These free e-learning courses are available online. This interactive learning experience arms healthcare providers with the knowledge and understanding of how to be more inclusive as it relates to health programming and services.
- Clinical Director Recommendation Questions (DOCX)
- Clinical Director Manual (PDF)
- Healthy Hearing Volunteer Training Manual (PDF)
- Healthy Hearing Volunteer Training (PPTX)
GUIDELINES AND RECOMMENDATION FORMS
- Follow-up Recommendations (PDF)
- General Advice (PDF)
- Urgent Referral (PDF)
- Procedures and Results for each Station (PDF)
- No Pass Recommendation Form - English (PDF)
- No Pass Recommendation Forms Translated (webpage)
- Pass Recommendation Form - English (PDF)
- Pass Recommendation Forms Translated (webpage)
VIRTUAL HEALTHY HEARING
EVENT RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENT
Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) and Legal Forms
Equipment and Supply Lists
- Instructions for Receiving and Sending Hearing Equipment (PDF)
- Equipment and Supply List (PDF): Printing needs, general and electrical supplies, screening materials, miscellaneous.
- Sample Venue Layout (PDF)
- SO - US based Program Healthy Hearing Products Needs Form (PNF): Please use this link to order equipment for your Program.
- SO - Europe/Eurasia Healthy Hearing Products Needs Form (PNF): Please use this link to order equipment for your Program.
- Healthy Athlete Master Equipment List (PDF): A list of supplies that can be requested from Special Olympics for your Healthy Athletes event.
Henry Schein Order Forms
Notice there are separate lists for the US or International requests. Follow the links below to make your requests. Please do not request Healthy Hearing Equipment via links below. To guarantee timely delivery, please make sure to submit request 90 days prior to the event date.
Clinical Director Post Event Survey
Healthy Hearing—Starkey Cares Partnership
- Online Learning Portal—Clinical Director Recorded Webinar Training
- SONA Healthy Hearing & Starkey Cares Partnership Activation
- Joint Screening Protocol (Station Flowchart) (PDF)
- Updated Clinical-Decision Making Guidelines (PDF)
- Tiered Support Program (PDF)
- HH / SC Equipment List (Gold and Silver Tier) (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Starkey Cares - USA Games FL 2022 (video)
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
ADDITIONAL RELATED RESOURCES
See all stories related to this discipline.