YOUNG ATHLETES REGISTRATION AND RELEASE FORMS
The registration and release forms include:
- Registration Form: This form asks for contact and other information.
- Release Form: This form goes over risks, use of likenesses, emergency medical care, consent for health program participation, personal information, and other important details.
- Likeness Release for Sponsors (Optional): This form gives athletes an option to allow sponsors to use their likenesses. Please be sure to read the instructions on the use of this form.
The Young Athletes registration and release forms are available in three versions, designed to address requirements of different countries:
For Programs in the United States
- YA1 Forms in (PDF): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
- YA1 Forms in (DOCX): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
For Programs in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland
- YA2 Forms in (PDF): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
- YA2 Forms in (DOCX): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
For Programs in all other countries
- YA3 Forms in (PDF): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
- YA3 Forms in (DOCX): English | Chinese | French | Russian | Spanish
Programs are encouraged to consult local legal counsel to ensure the forms are compliant in their jurisdictions. If you need to make substantive changes to the forms, please contact Rebecca Ralston for approval.
YOUNG ATHLETES SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORMS
When Young Athletes activities are operated by a school and not Special Olympics, the Young Athletes School Registration Form may be used in place of the individual registration form. If the School Registration Form is used, Special Olympics may only use photos from these activities, if the child’s parent/guardian fill out a separate Photo Release Form.
For more details about using the School Registration Form, please consult the Overview document below.
YOUNG ATHLETES SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS
Emergency Medical Care Refusal Form:
The Emergency Medical Care Refusal Form (formerly called the Religious Objections Form) is rarely used and should only be completed if an athlete or legal guardian does not consent to emergency medical care on religious or other grounds and has marked a box under the Emergency Care provision on the Young Athletes Release Form.
It is recommended that Programs not include this form in general registration packets and instead make the form available upon request or by download online.
If you have questions about this form, please contact the SOI Legal Department
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian in Chinese (PDF)
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian in English (PDF)
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian in French (PDF)
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian in Russian (PDF)
- Medical Care Refusal – Parent/Guardian in Spanish (PDF)
If you are interested in having your child join Young Athletes, please contact the Special Olympics Program near you for its registration forms.
Download other Special Olympics registration forms by visiting the Athlete Registration Forms page and Volunteer and Unified Partner Registration Forms page.