Special Olympics offers a rich collection of tools and resources to empower youth and educators to become leaders in their classrooms and their communities.
This landing page contains a list of resources for implementing and maintaining UCS in a distance learning environment.
This resource was developed to assist Program staff and mentors in the creation and implementation of a Special Olympics Youth Leadership Experience. Overview Webinar
This resource created by NFHS and Special Olympics provides guidelines for administering Unified Sports when it is treated as an officially sanctioned high school sport.
Sports & AthletesGeneral DocsLessonsOnline Courses
Guides and Tips
- Bullying Prevention & Special Olympics (PDF)
- Characteristics of Socially Inclusive Schools (PDF)
- Education Leaders Network Toolkit (PDF)
- Framework for Socially Inclusive School (PDF)
- Fitness Guide for Schools (PDF)
- Fitness Guide for Schools - Spanish (PDF)
- Importance of School Climate (PDF)
- Policy Guide for Socially Inclusive Schools (PDF)
- Quick-Reference Coaching Guide (PDF)
- Special Olympics Language Guide (PDF)
- Types and Sources of Power (PDF)
- Tips for Shared Learning Among Youth & Adults (PDF)
- Tips for a Meaningful Mentorship (PDF)
Mini-lessons that can be used within a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework and "SO Get Into It" lessons and activities designed to be taught in the context of class periods with a focus on service learning.