Special Olympics offers a rich collection of tools and resources to empower youth and educators to become leaders in their classrooms and their communities.
This landing page contains a list of resources for implementing and maintaining UCS in a distance learning environment.
This resource was developed to assist Program staff and mentors in the creation and implementation of a Special Olympics Youth Leadership Experience. Overview Webinar
Sports & AthletesGeneral DocsLessonsOnline Courses
Guides and Tips
- Bullying Prevention & Special Olympics (PDF)
- Characteristics of Socially Inclusive Schools (PDF)
- Education Leaders Network Toolkit (PDF)
- Framework for Socially Inclusive School (PDF)
- Fitness Guide for Schools (PDF)
- Fitness Guide for Schools - Spanish (PDF)
- Importance of School Climate (PDF)
- Policy Guide for Socially Inclusive Schools (PDF)
- Quick-Reference Coaching Guide (PDF)
- Special Olympics Language Guide (PDF)
- Types and Sources of Power (PDF)
- Tips for Shared Learning Among Youth & Adults (PDF)
- Tips for a Meaningful Mentorship (PDF)
Mini-lessons that can be used within a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework and "SO Get Into It" lessons and activities designed to be taught in the context of class periods with a focus on service learning.