CHARTS AND GRAPHICS
Use and customize these charts and graphs to help illustrate some key research findings.
- Families Key Findings Image (JPG): Download a jpeg of the key findings and associated sources.
Share evidence of Special Olympics’ impact through these summaries of Special Olympics research that include ready-to-share printouts designed for Programs.
- Best Stats for Families (PDF): This one pager provides the most compelling data points about Special Olympics families in easy-to-use bullet points and infographics.
- Why Research Families (PDF): Families are an important source of support for people with intellectual disabilities, many of whom continue to live with their families into adulthood.
- Benefits of Special Olympics to the Family (PDF): Evaluations have found that Special Olympics creates family networks, strengthens family relationships, raises expectations and builds knowledge.
- Families - Key Findings (PDF): This section highlights some key findings across the research such as the majority of families report attending competitions and 75% of parents in the United States said that Special Olympics had a positive impact on their social relationships outside the family.
Access research articles that go into more detail on some of the findings shared in the overview section.
- The Positive Contributions of Special Olympics to the Family (web page): Findings from this qualitative study can be used to draw two conclusions: Special Olympics connects families and builds networks, as well as the organization provides athletes and families with normative life experiences that are critical to healthy development.