FOR INTERESTED HOSTS
- Bid Documents for 2021 World Winter Games (email): Cities interested in hosting the 2021 Special Olympics World Winter Games may request a package of materials that contains an overview and timeline of the Bid process, as well as an outline of required information, representing the minimum areas that must be addressed by the Bid Committee in their proposal to host the Games.
KEY SPORTS RESOURCES
- Resources for All Sports: For all sports rules, rule changes, fact sheets, apps and information on DVD's and CD's.
- About Special Olympics Divisioning: Get details on Special Olympics divisioning, how it works, and how it benefits our athletes.
- Sport Fact Sheets: Master list of the fact sheet for our recognized and official sports.
- Athlete Centered Coaching Guide (English and translations): This is an introduction to coaching adults and children with intellectual disabilities, including a section on behaviors commonly associated with intellectual disabilities and effective strategies to improve athlete learning. It's available in Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes: Coaching Special Olympics Athletes
- Divisioning FactSheet: Explanation of how competitions are structured so that athletes compete with other athletes of similar ability in equitable divisions.
- Divisioning Toolkit and Overview: This toolkit will provide assistance in organizing competitions are structured so that athletes compete with other athletes of similar ability in equitable divisions.
- Special Olympics, Olympics and Paralympics: Special Olympics, the International Olympic Committee and the International Paralympic Committee are complementary organizations, each one a testimony to the power of sport. Each is a pillar of the Olympic movement charged with fulfilling the Olympic vision in a distinct way.
- Sport Rules: Rules and Rule Changes for All Sports The official Special Olympics Sport Rules govern all Special Olympics competitions. Special Olympics has developed these rules based upon International Federation and Governing Body Rules for each sport. Please refer to Sport Rules Article 1 for information pertaining to Codes.