Get Fit for Sport!
The Special Olympics GET FIT FOR SPORT challenge is for everyone associated with Special Olympics, including Athletes, Families, Coaches, Volunteers, Program Staff, Board Members, and Friends.
SIGN UP FOR PALA+ NOW
Special Olympics is committed to fostering fitness and healthy lifestyle choices among its athletes and other members of the Movement. There is a PALA+ sign-up page for each of the 50 United States. JOIN NOW
The Presidential Active Lifestyle Award Plus (PALA+) is a program designed to motivate people of all ages to be physically active on a regular basis by participating in activities they enjoy.
Getting Fit with PALA+
PALA+ is one of several programs of the President’s Challenge, the premier program of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition.
To earn the Special Olympics Get Fit for Sport PALA + Challenge Award, you must:
- Meet an activity goal minimum of 60 minutes per day (youths)
- Meet an activity goal minimum of 30 minutes per day (adults).
- Meet this activity goal for at least 5 days a week.
- Meet this activity goal for 6 out of 8 weeks.
- Focus on a healthy eating goal each week.
Learn more about the specific physical activity requirement of PALA+.
Click here to see how to log your activities.