Resources for 2021 Winter Games
Special Olympics World Games are one of the most powerful and important vehicles for communicating to the world the abilities and gifts of people with intellectual disabilities (ID) and helping to achieve the vision of the Special Olympics Movement.
Key Sport Resources
- Resources for All Sports: For all sports rules, rule changes, fact sheets, apps and information on DVD's and CD's.
- Rules and Rule Changes for All Sports: The official Special Olympics Sport Rules govern all Special Olympics competitions. Special Olympics has developed these rules based upon International Federation and Governing Body Rules for each sport. Please refer to Sport Rules Article 1 for information pertaining to Codes of Conduct, Training Standards, Medical and Safety Requirements, Divisioning, Awards, Criteria for Advancement to Higher Levels of Competition, and Unified Sports®.
- About Special Olympics Divisioning: Get details on Special Olympics divisioning, how it works, and how it benefits our athletes.
- Sport Fact Sheets: Master list of the fact sheet for our recognized and official sports.
- Athlete Centered Coaching Guide (English and translations): This is an introduction to coaching adults and children with intellectual disabilities, including a section on behaviors commonly associated with intellectual disabilities and effective strategies to improve athlete learning. It's available in Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes: Coaching Special Olympics Athletes
- Divisioning Fact Sheet: Explanation of how competitions are structured so that athletes compete with other athletes of similar ability in equitable divisions.
- Divisioning Toolkit and Overview: This toolkit will provide assistance in organizing competitions are structured so that athletes compete with other athletes of similar ability in equitable divisions.
- Special Olympics, Olympics and Paralympics: Special Olympics, the International Olympic Committee and the International Paralympic Committee are complementary organizations, each one a testimony to the power of sport. Each is a pillar of the Olympic movement charged with fulfilling the Olympic vision in a distinct way.
- Sports Rules Article 1 in English, Chinese, Russian and Spanish: The official Special Olympics Sports Rules provide standards for Special Olympics training and competition. Sports Rules Article I provides general principles not found in the sport-specific rules and is essential knowledge for all people involved with Special Olympics sports. This page has Sports Rules Article 1 in Chinese, English, Russian and Spanish.