Coaching Special Olympics athletes is rewarding and makes use of the experience and knowledge coaches already have. In all sports, there are special rules and adaptions that make participation fairer, safer and more competitive for athletes of all abilities. The quiz below highlights aspects of Special Olympics Badminton that coaches and officials should know about. Test your knowledge!
1) During all Special Olympics badminton competitions, __________________ rules shall be employed, except when they are in conflict with the Official Special Olympics Sports Rules for Badminton or Article
2) Which of the following events is NOT offered during official Special Olympics competitions?
3) Which of the following modification is NOT allowed for Special Olympics wheelchair athletes?
4) It is important to teach beginners __________________, which is the basic grip for both the forehand and backhand.
5) Giving athletes opportunities to hold a shuttle on a racket and toss the shuttle to themselves _______________________.
6) True or false: The overhand stroke is vital to the game of badminton since all rallies begin with this motion.
7) Which of the following is NOT a component of the ready position?
8) During an underhand net rally, beginners have a tendency to _________________________.
9) Because this hit can keep an opponent deep in the backcourt, the _____________ is an important skill for athletes to learn.
10) True of false: During official Special Olympics badminton competitions, the receiver may take two steps before the server hits the shuttle.
11) Which of the following major faults apply during official Special Olympics badminton competitions?
12) True of false: If a shuttle goes over the net, catches in the opposite side and does not fall to the floor, a replay is allowed.
13) True of false: If a shuttle from another court lands on or near the playing area, a replay is allowed.
14) During official Special Olympics women’s singles badminton competitions, the first athlete to score _____ points wins.
15) During official Special Olympics Unified Sports ® badminton competitions, division assignment is based on _______________________.